How should we start putting together an RFT document? How do we ensure the right questions are asked to drive the best decisions?
Do we get a technical specialist to write it? How will we make sure that the information we get from bidders will help us choose the best supplier for our project?
Many government organisations use standard legacy templates for tender documents, and then find those tools deliver a recommendation that doesn’t represent value for money. Moreover, when the tools used are not well designed, tender evaluation is a frustrating, time-consuming, and often very wasteful process. How can you sharpen up your procurement tools so they are concise and deliver the optimal decisions for each project?
At NZ Procurement & Probity Services, we’ve developed a suite of procurement tools and processes that focus on cost-efficient, targeted identification of the best supplier for your contract. Using these tools enables us to:
- Eliminate unsuitable suppliers early in the process
- Identify what supplier qualities will drive best value-for money
- Choose a supplier selection process and questions that are right-sized for the risks and complexity of the process
- Determine and test appropriate price and attribute weightings
- Design scoring scales with objective benchmarks that reduce evaluation time and costs, while delivering defensible, impartial decisions
- Design effective response templates that assist both respondents and evaluators in providing the evidence needed to score tenders
Our team can provide practical support to help your procurement staff use these tools; or we can undertake the full process of planning, developing and implementing your procurement tools.
Where applicable, we use and adapt existing tools including NZTA and MBIE/ NZ Government Procurement’s standard templates.
And because we have a proven process to plan procurement activities, we can scale it for small as well as large projects. You’ll find the costs of our involvement surprisingly modest.