- Do you need experienced, fully NZQA-Qualified Tender Evaluators to support your procurement staff?
- Do you have a hunch that this process could be less painful and costly?
- Or are you worried that unsuccessful tenderers might challenge your processes?
You’ve come to the right place!
Our team of fully qualified and experienced Tender Evaluators can lead, guide, or participate in your tender evaluation process. In the process, they will focus on proven effective processes, demonstrate leading-edge procurement practices, and drive cost-efficiency into your procurement environment.
All of our tender evaluators have been trained in best practice procurement and most have achieved their NZTA qualified tender evaluator status (NZQA NZ Certificate in Infrastructure Procurement Procedures or equivalent). All have proven extensive experience in tender evaluation on recent projects.
They will apply current best practice tools to evaluation, saving time and costs as well as providing you with assurance that the processes following meet legal and ethical standards.
NZ Procurement & Probity’s Tender Evaluators’ activities typically include:
- Coordination of the evaluation team
- Effective management of Conflicts of Interest
- Development of scoring scales and benchmarks
- Scoring tender non-price and price attributes
- Assessing, liaison and negotiation in relation to alternative tenders, late tenders, tags, clarifications, and probity issues
- Chairing and/ or guiding the moderation meeting
- Assessing scores and prices to recommend the best Value for Money supplier
- Preparing the final Tender Evaluation Report and Recommendations
Using NZ Procurement & Probity’s Qualified Tender Evaluators provides you with confidence that:
- The process will be run efficiently, with minimal time wasted in non-productive activity or ancillary costs. For example, where appropriate we will use conference calls and video meetings to significantly reduce time and costs associated with unnecessary travel.
- The processes we use follow leading-edge evaluation techniques (such as holding pre-moderation meetings to establish scoring systems and benchmarks prior to individual marking). These methods have been proven to reduce time needed to evaluation, while providing far more robust and defensible rationales to support decision-making.
- The processes employed will minimise potential risks of legal challenge to tendering decisions. Our trained evaluators are kept fully informed about current procurement ethical issues, including findings of judicial reviews, codes of conduct, and detecting signs of cartel conduct. They will use those skills to minimise risks of costly defense if dissatisfied tenderers take legal action.